We have recently embarked on building a modern greenfield data and analytics platform we are seeking talented software engineers to bolster our ranks in our newly established London development centre.
You are a passionate software engineer who cares about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code. You are a strong enough developer to write feature code, strong enough tester to test just about anything, and a strong advocate for maintaining a high quality bar. You are a technical quality expert working closely with the developers and testers to enable and encourage them to design and implement tests in an efficient way, by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and guidance. You are used to work in agile teams and helped development teams become empowered to iterate rapidly and deploy code several times each day while remaining confident that test infrastructure will provide short feedback loops on features introduced.
You will be…
- Part of a multi-disciplinary agile team
- Providing guidance on software quality assurance processes and test automation tooling choices to the team
- Making quality an integral part of the development process
- Custodian of quality and making sure non-functional and infosecurity testing are not an afterthought in the software development lifecycle
- Working in an agile fashion and a promoter of agile (iterative) thinking
- A solid understanding of OOP development practices and with Java or similar
- 5 years of experience delivering high quality test automation solutions with tools such as Selenium, etc.
- Expert Knowledge of test framework, automation tools, static and dynamic code analysis
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City, Circle CI etc.
- Experience testing web services and API
- Experience in BDD with tools such as Cucumber, SpecFlow, JBehave
- Knowledge of version control with GIT and a good understanding of branching and merging
- Knowledge of New Relic / ELK / Kibana or similar monitoring and logging tools
- Knowledge of No-SQL Databases such as Mongo DB and Search indexes such as ElasticSearch
- An open and collaborative mindset both within and outside your team
- Excellent level of English language – both written and spoken
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or similar qualification
It would be a great addition if you…
- Have working experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms such as Azure and Google Cloud
- Have worked with OS Containerization with Docker or rkt
- Have an understanding Lambda architecture
- Have worked with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, OpsWorks etc.
- Know your way around Service Virtualisation / API Stubbing
Our world is changing rapidly. In this fast paced world consumers, users, and buyers are calling the shots. Our clients are businesses from around the globe. To make the best possible decisions every day, they need to know what is going on right now and what will happen in the future. We don't have a crystal ball but we love data and science and we understand how to connect the two.
Our vision is to be the indispensable, trusted data and analytics partner for the durable goods and technology industries and respective retailers. Everything we do starts with our clients.
Many say they have big data problems, we do have big data and also big problems to solve. We are digital engineers who apply modern technology and proven practices to solve problems around big data storage, big data processing, machine learning and complex data visualisation.
Help lead the digital transformation of GfK and be an impactful participant in shaping the future of market research and data insight.
People who know best are leading the way this is why GfK means Growth from Knowledge.
The GfK culture
Having choices is what makes life exciting. Make your choice today and take your future into your own hands. We value skills and talent and will support your development within our international teams.
GfK makes your choice easy as we offer an exciting work environment that brings people together and encourages an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. As a trusted leader in market research present in over 100 countries, we know what makes consumers’ hearts beat and how to help our clients grow—globally and locally.
Our culture is diverse and highly collaborative. Our data scientists, creatives, software engineers and product owners all collaborate across different disciplines to develop cutting edge, fully integrated solutions.
- We embrace working in the team: we build on trust, collaboration and open feedback
- We foster diversity: this is more than a mix of gender, culture, ethnicity and languages for us. It is the inclusion of different thinking, experiences, expertise and backgrounds across all businesses and organizational levels
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance: we offer flexible & remote working, agile environments & hot desking, break out spaces, socials, activities, table tennis and amazing views!
- We are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop both professionally and personally through local, regional and global programs - we help our colleagues grow and runway their careers
Things you should know about us
We are the Technology and Data division of GfK we live and breathe technology. We are a multi cultural, deeply talented team with members distributed across Europe - our major hubs are in the UK, Germany and Bulgaria. We love technology our tech stack stands as a testament to that: We are building cloud native applications with Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Java, Spring and more. We are agile and our focus is on constant improvement in our processes and ways of working and above all ourselves. We embrace change, we put our egos aside and take advice from others. We foster an engaged, open mindset within a non-hierarchical structure. We analyse, create, innovate and improve.