Job Title: Contract Unity Game Developer
Start Date: Feb 4, 2019
Hours Per Week: Roughy 20 hours per week, but could increase.
Compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with your experience
Location: Remote in US or Canada. Must work on EST time zone office hours.
LocalSolo through our new company [you must be logged in to see this link] is helping a large agency client find a remote Contract Unity Game Developer. The agency is a leader in producing global and experiential live meetings and events. Bonus if you're the maker type that likes to tinker with new display mediums. They have tons of cool presentation tech and want someone who is creative and keen to explore the boundaries!
Here are the details below. Please apply directly on LocalSolo if interested!
We are seeking a developer responsible for building games for various target platforms based on the Unity framework. Your primary responsibilities will be to implement game functionality translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into a functional and engaging client experience. You must be capable of working in a small team environment where your individual contributions will affect the success of the project. We are looking for a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
The Unity Game Developer will work with a team of over 100 professionals in a world-class facility based in Florida and will report directly to the Lead Software Engineer and Production Manager.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Implement game functionality as per communicated design
- Translate design specification into functional game
- Communicate with other team members to establish effective pipeline and integrate media assets
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Ability to travel and support applications during client events
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and networking
- Experience with game physics and particle systems
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools
- 2 years industry experience
- AR and VR application development required
- Shows a knack for creative, beautifully polished pieces
- Experience with Maya is a plus
- WordPress knowledge is a plus
- AngularJS and Socket.IO knowledge is a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite products, including InDesign, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, & Illustrator is a plus
- Must be detail-oriented with strong attention to detail to ensure a high-quality and error free product
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, time sensitive environment
- Must be flexible in work schedule –evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, large and small teams alike, and be able to work independently as needed
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver
Please apply directly on LocalSolo if interested! If you're a match, we'll be in touch to get any reamining info we need to present you to them as an option to consider.