This is a six week (July 22 - September 1, 2019) contract to start with the possibility of a longer-term extension.
Hours will. likely be heavier up front and somewhat lighter for the latter part of the contract. Our client is located in Surrey, BC and there is a requirement to be onsite partially throughout the contract.
The UI Designer will collaborate across multidisciplinary teams utilizing design thinking, to create insightful, empathetic, data-driven experiences for client and their users.
You thrive in an environment where you are asked to solve hard and complex problems through simple and elegant design solutions. You love bringing a team together to craft great design across web, mobile, social and whatever channel best delivers value to the end user.
No one is an island — We believe in sharing work early and often and in your role you will facilitate internal collaboration between talented UX/UI designers, strategists and technology leads to bring great experiences to life.
As part of the POWERSHiFTER team, you will have access to some of the brightest minds in design, technology and strategy. You will work in an environment that values people, process, performance, and collaborating with team members.
We believe that when you start with empathy, amazing things can happen. You will champion this belief through the practice of design thinking and human-centered design principals (HCD) on both client and internal work.
- Create a style guide from loose brand guidelines
- Playing a key role in developing a design system for our client
- Creating high fidelity mock-ups of key pages
- Minimum experience requirements: 5+ years
- Must be able to work onsite with the client as needed (alongside other members of the POWERSHiFTER team)
- Must have experience creating or managing a design system
- Must be comfortable presenting your work internally & to the client
- Have fun!
You'll be a great fit if:
- You're curious
- You put yourself in other's shoes
- You live for collaboration
- You stand behind your work and your team
- You leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of excellence
- You're passionate about what you do and that passion shines through
- Like to laugh
- No ego