This is a full-time six week (July 22 - September 1, 2019) contract to start with the possibility of a longer term extension. Our client is located in Surrey, BC and there is a requirement to be onsite partially throughout the contract.
The UX Designer will collaborate across multidisciplinary teams to create insightful, empathetic, data-driven experiences for clients and their users. Utilizing design thinking and working within an agile process, you will conduct user research and testing, create user flow diagrams, build comprehensive wireframes in Sketch, as well as contribute to the rationale behind user-centered design decisions.
No one is an island — We believe in sharing work early and often, so you will work iteratively and collaboratively on rough notes and sketches, before hunkering down on detailed high-quality deliverables for our clients.
As part of the POWERSHiFTER team you will have access to some of the brightest minds in design, technology and strategy. You will work in an environment that values people, process, performance, and collaborating with team members.
We believe that when you start with empathy, amazing things can happen. You will champion this belief through the practice of design thinking and human-centered design principals (HCD) on both client and internal work.
- Design a solution that covers all valid cases (as defined by you in partnership with the Product Strategist and the development team).
- Build wireframes and interactive designs
- Create user flow and site architecture diagrams to present the clearest path to user goal completion
- Create clickable prototypes
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Have fun!
-Minimum education requirements: Relevant Bachelor Degree -Minimum experience requirements: 5+ Years
- Has experience working on both desktop software and native apps
- Must be able to work onsite with the client as needed (alongside other members of the POWERSHiFTER team)
- Comfortable with a complex product
- Experience working with developers
- Must be comfortable presenting your work
- Experience working with a product manager (i.e. translating requirements to wireframes)
- Experience in Sketch & Invision
- Familiarity with the agile development process
You'll be a great fit if:
- You're curious
- You put yourself in other's shoes
- You live for collaboration
- You stand behind your work and your team
- You leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of excellence
- You're passionate about what you do and that passion shines through
- Like to laugh
- No ego