Six Month Term Position
Remote OK (will need to overlap at least 4 hours PDT) or Vancouver
We're looking for exceptional Back-end Engineers who have a passion for the gaming field to join our Studio team, and help us develop secure and functional code for the next wave of our top-tier blockchain games.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Make every interaction with our games a delightful, and polished player experience.
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of game features.
- Improve technical skills and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Adopt best practices in software and game development and refine our workflow.
- Ship features with the users in mind and strive to provide them with a great experience.- Identify areas where our technical stack can be improved, prioritize them with the team, and contribute to their implementation.
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience with game development pipelines for web, mobile, or console- Consistently stays on top of new backend trends, methodologies and best practices, especially as it relates to web-based gaming and web app development.
- Solid understanding of what makes a game fun and interesting to play- Contributes and enforces standards throughout our game development process.
- Identifies sub-optimal processes and communicates alternatives to the team.
- Understands products enough to be able to effectively prioritize engineering tasks when necessary.
- Is a strong communicator that can collaborate well with game designers, producers, delivery managers, creative, and marketing teams (ie technical and non-technical audiences).
- Is comfortable with trying out new tools, failing fast, and diving into unknowns.
- Is comfortable with database design and familiarity with database optimizations.
- Understands and applies best practices of API development.
- Is adamant about test coverage for all backend services.
- Has proficiency with PostgreSQL
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Understands the deployment process, and is comfortable with docker, containers, and kubernetes.
- Has a strong understanding of applications and API security.
- Has familiarity with playing blockchain games.
- Has experience interacting with a blockchain. Eg. Signing and sending transactions. Reading transactions off the chain.
- Has experience with Unity
Sound like you? Let's connect!