Six Month Term Position
Remote OK (will need to overlap at least 4 hours PDT) or Vancouver
Are you a Front-End Engineer who relishes in creating polished, unique, and delightful game experiences?
We're looking for help to bridge blockchain to web games with inspiring possibilities. By leveraging groundbreaking tools with a passionate and committed team while exercising autonomy and ownership over your work, you’ll help us tackle unsolved problems in an exciting new space.
The ideal candidate has experience in the lifecycle of a game through inception, prototype, and scale while utilizing the appropriate technologies to get there.
What We’ll Accomplish Together:
- Make every interaction with our games a delightful, and polished player experience.
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of game features.
- Improve technical skills and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Adopt best practices in software and game development and refine our workflow.
- Ship features with the users in mind and strive to provide them with a great experience.
- Identify areas where our technical stack can be improved, prioritize them with the team, and contribute to their implementation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience with CSS, and expertise with modern CSS.
- Has experience with CSS pre-processors such as Sass.
- Has experience scaling and optimizing the performance of web applications.
- Has a good eye for design and a solid understanding of user experience principles.
- Has experience shipping high-quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Has great communication skills; you work well with others to make the product better every day.
- Can collaborate with marketing, product, and design to move the product forward.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience working with Node and Go
- Has familiarity with playing blockchain games.
- Has experience developing a DApp
- Has experience interacting with a blockchain. Eg. Signing and sending transactions. Reading transactions off the chain
- Has experience with Unity