I have limited part-time availability offering strategic consulting or leadership development for start-ups and small business.
Experience: 20 Years
Location: Vancouver, BC
My career in the tech sector spans twenty years, with a concentration on digital project and product management, business process improvement and transformation. I'm currently running my own freelance consulting and coaching business.
I have a knack for creating strategy and diving into the details at any stage of a project, with little to no direction, and then seeing it through to successful completion. I thrive in a role where I have a high degree of creativity, flexibility and responsibility.
A community builder at heart, I provide consultative services to startups and established organizations who desire to thrive amidst change by using a strengths-based approach to maximize individual performance and team collaboration.
Throughout my career I’ve developed strong leadership skills and I have primarily been in a managerial role responsible for leading and motivating engineering teams, project managers and building key customer relationships, which have contributed to new and recurring revenues.
As a business and leadership coach I have gained plenty of practical experience in mentoring a variety of skilled people during my career, helping to bring out the best in each person.
Business Consultant & Coach (2015 - Current)
- Provide consultative and project management services to review the current state of an organization (people, process, technology) and present a custom plan for transformation.
- Co-create sustainable change within an organization by leading training and workshops, helping entrepreneurs and business leaders to operate more effectively.
- Using appreciative inquiry, increase self-confidence and communication skills amongst leaders.
- Facilitate growth and adoption of new systems and workflows by coaching team members to think clearly, be present and to successfully navigate change, resulting in strengthened employee relationships and engagement.Chief Product Officer (2015) Attendease
- Managed the strategic direction of the Attendease product – an event management solution.
- Built, executed and tracked success of the product roadmap in accordance with strategic objectives.
- Researched opportunities and collaborated with sales and marketing on campaigns across multiple channels.
- Managed the product and integration development teams.
- Provided sales demos to prospective customers and training to existing enterprise customers.Digital Project Manager & Manager of Consulting Services (2012 - 2014) Attendease
- Lead negotiations and prepared contracts for new projects for global clients.
- Managed multiple development teams with both on-site and remote staff.
- Oversaw all phases of the development cycle of web and mobile applications; lead the project scope and requirements analysis through to quality assurance and completion.
- Provided consultative services to the CEO and supported the sales team for business development.Project Manager & Functional Analyst (2007 - 2012) Autodata
- Gathered user requirements using a variety of methods including workshops, interviews, use cases and user stories.
- Lead usability and design of projects to translate business requirements into functional specifications for the development team.
- Planned development activities, managed and tracked the status of work packages throughout the project lifecycle.
- Trained end users on how to use custom built applications for vehicle configurators and inventory management systems. Project Manager (2010 - 2011) CouchSurfing
- Coordinated 700+ volunteers across multiple teams; providing support by implementing communications and conduct guidelines and resolving technical issues.
- Managed technical web development teams for up to five projects simultaneously while working in a remote environment.
- Elicited and documented requirements from project sponsors, oversaw development and quality assurance of system functionality and code.
- Together with the project management team, implemented new project methodologies across the organization, resulting in teams working more cohesively and effectively together.
Agencies I've Worked For
Adobe Design and Events Production Teams
Education / QualificationsCoaching Navigator (2015) Leadership and life coaching course which takes a holistic look at the whole person to develop strengths and provide tools to transform perspectives, attitudes and beliefs. It was a year long course with practical experience serving clients from the first month of training.
ArchitectureArticle WritingAtlassian JIRABasecampBlog WritingBrand ConsultingBusiness AnalysisBusiness CoachingBusiness DevelopmentBusiness Planning
Business Process ModelingBusiness Proposal WritingChange ManagementContract DraftingCopy editingCopywritingFacebook APIFacebook MarketingGitHubGoogle Analytics
AwardsAlgonquin College. Received the James Hillock Advertising Award for Excellence for creating a marketing strategy and ad series for the Ottawa Citizen.Carleton University. Awarded the Bayer Higher Education Scholarship throughout university.